The European Network on Statelessness (ENS), a civil society alliance with over 100 members in 39 European countries, has been running its pan-European #StatelessKids campaign to highlight the need to protect thousands of children from the scourge of statelessness.
On 22 November 2016 at an evening reception in the European Parliament, ENS will hand over a petition to the Council of Europe and to the European Parliament, which calls on European states to take action to ensure that all children can in practice realise their right to a nationality
This event, hosted by Jean Lambert MEP, will bring together Council of Europe, European Parliament and other stakeholders to discuss how to coordinate actions to end childhood statelessness.
- Jean Lambert MEP
- Cecilia Wikström MEP
- Nils Muižnieks, Council of Europe's Commissioner for Human Rights
- Manlio di Stefano, Member of Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- Stephanos Stavros, Head of the Office for CoE Secretary General's Special Representative on migration and refugees
- Valeriu Nicolae, Special Representative of the CoE Secretary General for Roma issues
- Chris Nash, Director, European Network on Statelessness
- Gert Westerveen, UNHCR Representative to the Council of Europe
- Claudia Bensimhon, ENS Youth Ambassador
This series of short presentations and exchange of information (5-5.45) will be followed by refreshments and an opportunity for further networking (5.45-6.30).
Please RSVP to Rachel Sheppard at email@example.com by 14 November. If you need an access badge to enter the parliament, please include your full name, date of birth, nationality, ID number and type of document (passport/ID card)