The report contains a chapter specifically on children's rights violations.
The 52-page report, “Shia Target of Inhumane Treatment,” documents cases of human rights violations towards Shia in Bahrain. Shia Rights Watch researchers have credibly documented many of cases of unlawful arrests, torture and abuse. The report specifies 12 different human rights violations towards Bahrain's Shia population.
This unique report contains a 15-page Children’s Right Violations chapter which documents cases of children killed, arrested, tortured, as well as listing the 76 children currently detained in Bahrain.
Finally, the report includes a chapter on “Shia Women in Bahrain,” which documents violations toward Shia women in this country.
- BAHRAIN: 13-year-old activist tortured under detention (4 May 2012)
- BAHRAIN: UN human rights team comments on human rights situation (2 February 2012)
- BAHRAIN: Justice Denied in Bahrain: Freedom of Expression and Assembly Curtailed (Arabic) (The Arabic Network for Human Rights Information, January 2012)
- Year of Rebellion: State of Human Rights in the Middle East and North Africa (Amnesty International, January 2012)
- BAHRAIN: Child abuse continues without accountability (21 November 2011)
- BAHRAIN: Analysis of the brutal State crackdown (9 November 2011)
- BAHRAIN: Death of teenage Bahrain protester must be fully investigated (Arabic) (10 October 2011)
- BAHRAIN: Torture fears for Bahraini women and girls in detention (Arabic) (27 September 2011)
- BAHRAIN: Teenage activist killed in protest (7 September 2011)
- BAHRAIN: Schoolgirls beaten up in police raids (11 May 2011)
- CRIN's Form's of Violence page on **State Violence**
- CRIN editorial on Children's Right to Freedom of Association
- CRIN editorial on Children's Rights and Freedom of Expression
- Guide for E-advocates on Campaigning safely online
- More on children's rights in Bahrain
Previous Publication (general) items
- 28/05/2012: GUINEA-BISSAU: Persistent violations of chidlren's rights
- 25/05/2012: BELIZE: Persistent violations of children's rights
- 24/05/2012: Права детей и Совет Европы
- 23/05/2012: International Guide on Child Care Commissioned to Implement UN framework
- 23/05/2012: UNITED KINGDOM: Not a Minor Offence - Unaccompanied Children Locked up as Part of the Asylum System
Organisation Contact Details:
Shia Rights Watch
Last updated 06/06/2012 16:54:16