This report provides supplementary information to the 3rd and 4th periodic State report on the implementation of the CRC in Canada.
Report on inequities in First Nations in education, healthcare and child welfare for those First Nations peoples living on reserves. The report gives examples of Shannen's Dream, Jordan's Principle and the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal on child welfare to show that change is possible. The report also gives recommendations to move forward so that First Nations children receive the same treatment.
Previous CRC - NGO Alternative Report items
- 01/11/2011: Suggestions for disability-relevant questions to be included in the list of issues for pre-sessional working group CRC 61st session
- 01/11/2011: Right in Principle, Right in Practice: Implementation of the CRC in Canada
- 01/11/2011: Dès principes à la realization: la mise en oeuvre de la CDE au Canada
- 01/11/2011: Supplementary Report on the 3rd and 4th Report of the Federal Republic of Austria to the UN, pursuant to Art.44(1)(b) of the CRC
- 01/11/2011: ERGÄNZENDER BERICHT zum 3. und 4. Bericht der Republik Österrich an die Vereinten Nationen gemäβ artikel 44(1)(b)
A joint report by FNC Caring Society of Canada and KAIROS
FNC Caring Society of Canada
309 Cooper Street, Suite 401,
310 Dupont Street, Suite 200,
Last updated 29/02/2012 09:32:56