Information about institutions in Italy that monitor children's rights.
The Law on the Establishment of a National Ombudsperson for Childhood and Adolescence was passed in July 2011, forming an independent monitoring structure for children's rights in Italy (www.garanteinfanzia.it). Local regional Ombudsmen have also been established (for example, the Ombudsperson for the region of Veneto (www.tutoreminori.regione.veneto.it) and the Ombudsperson for the region of Latium (www.laziominori.it)), but the Committee on the Rights of the Child in its 2011 Concluding Observations expressed concerns that these institutions "differ considerably in terms of mandate, composition, structure, resources and appointment" and that not all regional Ombudpersons are able to receive individual complaints from children.
Previous Children's Ombudsperson items
- 24/01/2012: SYRIAN ARAB REPUBLIC: Children's Ombudsperson (Arabic)
- 23/01/2012: SYRIAN ARAB REPUBLIC: Children's Ombudsperson
- 23/01/2012: BANGLADESH: Children's Ombudsperson
- 17/01/2012: PANAMA: Children's Ombudsperson
- 12/01/2012: GAMBIA: Children's Ombudsperson
Organisation Contact Details:
Child Rights International Network
2 Pontypool Place
Tel: +44 (0)207 401 2257
Last updated 30/01/2012 11:42:25