A group of international civil society organisations has written an open letter to Angola's Minister of External Relations to draw attention to violations against human rights defenders in the country, including intimidation and death threats received by young people involved in public demonstrations.
- Transparency Campaign: Restrictions on children's rights defenders
- CRIN editorial on Children's Right to Freedom of Association
- CRIN editorial on Children's Rights and Freedom of Expression
Previous News release items
- 16/08/2011: SUDAN: Crimes against humanity and war crimes may have been committed in Southern Kordofan (Arabic)
- 16/08/2011: BULGARIA: Close all children's institutions, urges UN
- 16/08/2011: Arab League: Hold Emergency Meeting on Syria
- 16/08/2011: UNITED KINGDOM: Riots: magistrates advised to 'disregard normal sentencing'
- 16/08/2011: LIBYA: Over 105 children missing from State-run home
Last updated 17/08/2011 03:13:56