This report provides supplementary information to the 3rd and 4th combined periodic report of Thailand under the CRC.
Due to unrest in the Southern Border Provinces of Thailand, the Martial Law and Emergency Decree are being enforced, and have been for the past six years, resulting in derrogation from normal juvenile justice procedure. The special legal procedures regulating arrest, detention and interrogation are in themselves made with no regard to the special needs for child protection. This report documents testimonies of juvenile detainees and advocates that the Martial Law and Emergency Decree should not be applied to children.
Previous CRC - NGO Alternative Report items
- 16/01/2012: Issues to be Raised Concerning the Situation of Stateless Rohingya Children in Myanmar
- 13/01/2012: Alternative Report to Namibia's 2nd and 3rd Combined Periodic Report on the Implementation of the CRC and its two Optional Protocols (1997-2008)
- 01/01/2012: Brief Report on Major Issues of Concern for the Situation of Children's Rights in Albania
- 01/01/2012: Rapport Alternatif sur la Mise en Oeuvre de la CDE en Guinée Bissau
- 01/01/2012: Alternative Report on the Implementation of the CRC in Guinea-Bissau
Cross Cultural Foundation and Muslim Attorney Centre Foundation Joint Report
111 Soi Sitthichan,
Sutthisan Vinichai Road,
Samsennork, Huay Kwang,
T: +66 02 693 4939, F: +66 02 693 4831
Last updated 27/02/2012 11:06:19