Information about institutions in Cameroon that monitor children's rights.
Since 2004, Cameroon has had a National Commission on Human Rights and Freedoms accessible to children and empowered to receive complaints of violations of children's rights. In its last set of observations, however, the Committee on the Rights of the Child expressed concern that the National Commission lacked sufficient human, technical and financial resources, and that there was no specific mechanism to deal with children's rights.
Previous Children's Ombudsperson items
- 02/08/2011: PAKISTAN: Children's Ombudsperson
- 01/08/2011: ARGENTINA: Children's Ombudsperson
- 01/08/2011: LAOS: Children's Ombudsperson
- 01/08/2011: NICARAGUA: Children's Ombudsperson
- 01/08/2011: NORWAY: Children's Ombudsperson
Organisation Contact Details:
Child Rights International Network
2 Pontypool Place
Tel: +44 (0)207 401 2257
Last updated 30/08/2011 09:57:00