Towards a Future Children’s Agenda for Europe and Central Asia was a joint activity between Save the Children UK, UNICEF and the European Youth Centre Budapest, in collaboration with the European Youth Forum and Euronet. It was a consultation of young people in Europe and Central Asia in preparation for the United Nations’ Special Session on Children.
This report fulfils several functions: it is not a political message in itself but it is a record of the process by which young people's views on their priorities for the next 10 years were agreed so that they could be presented at the Intergovernmental Conference on Children in Berlin in May 2001; it also reflects some of the flavour and quality of the group experience given the range of cultures and opportunities for interpersonal exchange; it recognises the challenges faced in such events and records lessons learnt to inform planning for any future event; and it provides details of the educational content of the programme for the EYCB’s reporting requirements.
Previous Paper (general) items
- 24/07/2001: Restoring Natural Systems for an Interdependent World
- 24/07/2001: The Focal Point Programme
- 24/07/2001: Child deaths by injury in rich nations
- 24/07/2001: Children As Participants: Swedish Experience of Child Participation in Society's Decision-Making Process
- 24/07/2001: Palestine: The Education of Children at Risk
Organisation Contact Details:
Save the Children UK
1 St John's Lane
London EC1M 4AR
Tel: + 44 20 7012 6400
Last updated 25/07/2001 09:52:10