It is now ten years since the report by Graça Machel put the issue of children and armed conflict firmly on the international agenda. Led by Beth Verhey, who also spoke at the conference, the review will, in the next few months, consolidate analysis of progress and shortfalls in the last 10 years and bring forward recommendations and strategies for a vision for the next 10 years of work by Member States, the UN, civil society and all stakeholders.
Participants at the conference included senior UN officials, representatives of key governments, NGOs active in the field, the International Criminal Court and presenters of country case studies.
Previous Conference Report items
- 02/03/2007: Declaración Interreligiosa sobre la Situación de la Infancia en América Latina y el Caribe
- 05/02/2007: Council Monitor Report on the Working Group on review of mechanisms and mandates (November 2006)
- 22/01/2007: Children and Transitional Justice
- 15/01/2007: Children and Young People’s Preparatory Forum For the International Launch of the UN Secretary-General’s Study on Violence against Children
- 31/10/2006: Belfast Declaration: XVII World Congress of the International Association of Youth and Family Judges and Magistrates
Wiston House Steyning
Tel +44 (0) 1903 815020
Last updated 05/07/2007 09:16:27