The workshops are part of a process to support Third Sector organisations to increase
children and young people’s involvement in their organisation.
The workshops aim to provide:
• Information about what participation is and why involving children and young people is
• A method for organisations to measure the involvement of children and young people and plan to improve it in their organisation
• Information about other support that is available to enable them to do this
The workshops are aimed at, and attendance is free for one representative from any Third Sector organisation that is looking to develop their participation work with young people aged 10–25. Places are limited for representatives from statutory sector organisations and will be charged at £85. Priority will be given to Third Sector organisations.
9.45am Arrivals and coffee
10.00am Introduction and domestic arrangements
10.15am Introduction to Participation Works
10.30am Participation – What? Why? How?
12.15pm What is Hear by Right?
1.15pm The Participation Works Self Assessment Tool
3.15pm Further support available
Participants will learn about the Participation Works self assessment tool (based on The
National Youth Agency’s Hear by Right participation standards framework). They will gain
support to complete the tool to map the current participation activity in their organisation and plan for improvement.
Local Learning Networks
After the workshops Participation Works will invite organisations to join a local learning
network. This will enable organisations to share practice and gain mutual support to develop participation further and gain support from other colleagues to complete the self assessment tool. These can meet on a regular basis to share practice, identify issues and support each other in relation to their active involvement work.
To attend a workshop
• Please book a place using the booking form, above
For more information
• For further information about the workshops e-mail Jake Manning: email@example.com or call on 0116 242 7443
• For further information about participation call the Participation Works Enquiry Line on
0845 603 6725 or visit www.participationworks.org.uk
Previous Workshop items
- 30/05/2007: Training Workshop
- 14/05/2007: Building a Participative Present for the Child from the Child's' Perspective
- 30/03/2007: Regional Child Rights Committee Establishment Workshop
- 19/03/2007: NGO Orientation Session on the 4th session of the Human Rights Council
- 03/03/2007: New Zealand: Towards NGO Reporting to UNCRC 2009
Last updated 22/05/2007 10:20:24