1. Disclosure of information
CRIN will not rent, sell or make available your personal information to any third party unrelated to CRIN, other than where the law requires it or where we have sought and been given your specific permission to do so. As CRIN is based in the United Kingdom, we comply with UK data protection legislation currently in force.
2. What information we collect and how we use it
CRIN collects and retains information you voluntarily submit to us through our newsletter subscription form and by contacting us by email. It is up to you whether to submit information to us and how much you provide. If you submit personal information through our [email protected] email address, it will be read by one member of staff and may be shared with other members of staff. If you subscribe to our free electronic newsletters, we collect your email address and other personal data such as your IP address may be gathered by MailChimp and governed by their own data protection policies.
3. Third parties' web sites
CRIN uses social media and social networking services to advance our work. These applications require the use of third party service providers. We have a Facebook page and a Twitter feed.
The Facebook page is administered by Facebook, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Protection Policy, and is accessible to Facebook users who have already consented to Facebook’s data policy. We do not export information on our followers from the Facebook platform.
Our aim is to ensure that your details are current, accurate and complete. You have a right to see the information we hold about you at any time and we will correct it if it is inaccurate, provided we are notified accordingly.
5. Your data subject rights
You may choose to request, correct, update or delete the information you have provided to us. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. If you wish to unsubscribe from an electronic mailing list, you may do so by clicking “unsubscribe” in any edition that you have received or by emailing us at [email protected].
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. Should this happen, we will post a notice of the change on the Website.
Terms and Conditions
- All material on the Website is the copyright of CRIN or, where identified, third party individual or institutional authors. CRIN encourages personal and educational use of the Website content, in line with the Creative Commons licence. You may view the content of this Site on screen for any purpose; however, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the content on the Website in any way except for non-commercial, personal or educational use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Website content except for non-commercial, personal or educational use. Any other use of the Website content, including resale or commercial distribution in any other manner, requires the prior written permission of the copyright holder. If you are using any of the information on the CRIN website in a permitted manner, you must make good faith efforts to preserve the context of the cited passage and give appropriate credit to the authoring person(s) or organisation(s). Please note that much of the information on the CRIN website is sourced from CRIN members and endeavor to ensure that the correct source/author is credited.
- You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, nor restrict or inhibit anyone else's use or enjoyment of the Website.
- Names, images and logos identifying products, publications or services of CRIN or third parties on the Website may be subject to copyright, design rights or trademark rights. Where this is the case, they may not be reproduced without the consent of the trademark owner. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of CRIN or any other third party.